Monday 4 March 2013

THAILAND III: MEET ME IN PARADISE



































Alas we are at the third and final instalment of my Thailand travel posts. And as autumn weather sets in and I sit here on my first day back at uni I thought there was no better time to reminisce. We ended our adventure on the unbelievably picturesque Phi Phi Island. And I must say, we quite literally found paradise. While the rest of our Thailand experience was a full on adventure in which we never stopped. It was one thing after another. But our agenda for our 3 night Phi Phi stay was empty. Nothing to do but swim, sun bake, snorkel and eat...

I may be biased but I honestly believe we stayed on the most beautiful part on Phi Phi Island. Still close to everything but far enough away that you could enjoy tranquility and beauty of the island and RELAX (as one should when on holiday). We had an amazing beach side bungalow on Long Beach that had views overlooking most of the island. The water was the clearest, purest blue that I have ever seen. We dined with our feet in the sand, with the sound of waves softly hitting the beach within ear shot. 

Phi Phi was one of the most amazing experiences of my life, and as I'm sure a lot of you may already know (via Instagram) that the main contributor to this was that my boyfriend of almost 6 years proposed to me on our first night on the island. Now I won't go and get all mushy here, but enough said that it was perfect. He set up his GoPro on the pretence that he wanted to time lapse the sunset, hence why we have the beautiful photos that we can share with everyone and keep forever. And no.... I actually wasn't suspicious at all.

That night we had dinner at said restaurant, and thought it was fate that we saw two lanterns released up into the night sky. Well until we realised they released more than two... and they did it every night... But still we don't focus on that.

So after our stay we said good-bye to Phi Phi, good-bye to Thailand and good-bye my Thailand tan as we were heading for the snow!








1 comment: