Saturday 9 March 2013

SUNSET SOIREE





A balcony at sunset, with a killer view and a whole lotta back.

Now I know this balcony was already featured in my previous post, but the view was too perfect not to take advantage of. So I recruited my new fiancĂ© to take a few quick snaps before the sun disappeared behind the island.

For me there is something so magical about sunset. An if the somewhat overkill on Instagram is anything to go by, I'm not to the only one who thinks so. And yet, I never tire  of it. It may be an everyday phenomenon, but I am always captivated by the intensity of the colour and the radiating glow that warms your skin.

So anyway, this dress is one of my bargain beauties I picked up in Tonsai. To be honest I rarely ever wear dresses, I struggle to find the right shape or style and I suppose I just feel more satisfaction in creating an outfit from separates. But the humidity of Phi Phi drove me to the shops to pick up something that would help keep me cool, and come on, when on holidays doesn't everybody want something easy to just thrown on?

Now it would be pointless for me to go and say "animal print is making a comeback", because as we all well know it's never not around. However like any trend, it has to be done right. Stella McCartney is definitely someone who has caught my eye with her 
head-to-toe take on the trend.

I think one of the reasons animal print is so timeless, is that it has a versatility allowing it to be styled edgy, grungy, casual or allow us to embrace our feline femininity and get a little sexy... I'm a 'back' kind of girl when it comes to showing skin, and often the key to sexiness (which unfortunately, I think a lot of people have forgotten) is picking one focus point and leaving a little to the imagination. But hey, maybe I'm just old-fashioned. Personally, I just think there's something really sensual about a bare back, so for me this dress was an absolute winner.

I thought there was no better day than International Women's Day than to share a post where I (for once) embrace my femininity a little more than usual.

So take my advice that you should all go and get a little sexy in some animal print... maybe even at sunset.

Happy Women's Day!

xx







1 comment:

  1. Hi Karissa, just inquiring as to your availability in regards to shooting with Streetsmith and Friend of Mine for their Instagram competition.
    Not being based in Melbourne means that we would need to organise a time on either the 13th or 14th April to shoot, and just wanted to check that you were available before we announced the winner.
    Please email clients@friendofmine.com.au and let us know if this works for you.
    Thanks!
    Zoe

    ReplyDelete