Saturday 2 March 2013

IRIDESCENT.











Reflective knit by Dion Lee, Hello Parry Skirt, Sportsgirl Singlet (worn underneath), Topshop Unique Boots, Michael Kors Rose Gold Watch.  

After being away for what feels like so long, it's such a relief to be back in Sydney-town. Like a lot of you probably have been too, I've been dreamily lusting over the NYFW, LFW and MFW posts coming from amazing bloggers like Margaret Zhang (Shine by Three), Zanita Morgan, Oracle Fox, Tuula and Gary Pepper just to name a few of my favourites. Whilst Sydney cannot compare to these fashion hubs, I'm so glad to be back in the city and have some time to soak it all in before uni starts back.

Last week I made a visit to Desordre Boutique, somewhere seriously worth visiting if you haven't already. It was my first shop there and certainly not the last. Shannon (boutique owner) is one seriously fashionable lady and this is reflected in the selection of brands and pieces in her store. She stocks all the brands that you want to get your hands on, along with some Desordre exclusives. Finally what more could you want from a boutique is to go somewhere where they actually have time for you. Having worked in retail for something like 6 years, the thing I hate most when shopping is being ignored. This is not something you risk at Desordre.

During my visit I finally got to try on the amazing Dion Lee reflective knit. I don't know how he does it, but it is honestly a work of art. I have such an appreciation for his approach to fashion and design. His attention to detail is amazing. So when Shannon informed me she had one size 8 vein blue knit in the post, I jumped at the opportunity to grab something that is essentially sold out EVERYWHERE and something I'd be lusting over for months.

So now I get to share my amazing purchase with you. And it probably won't be the last you see of it. With summer official over and the weather taking a turn for the worse, this bad boy will get plenty of use. Here in Bondi, fighting crazy wind (hence the side part) I paired the knit back with my Hello Parry skirt and other favourite recent purchase- my Holographic Topshop Unique boots. Can anyone else see a futuristic theme emerging? 

Enough from me now, Goodnight
(More travel posts coming soon...)


4 comments:

  1. Genius outfit! Such an investment piece, so lucky!
    And yeah, Shannon is a genius buyer. Seriously wish I had a good income to blow in her boutique.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the boots. That boutique is great, their stock is so obviously carefully selected. Also love the skirt, I have a similar one from Kahlo and it goes with everything! xx

    Check out my blog if you have the time :)

    theawkwardkidsclub.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lady I am in love with your blog! Your style is faultless and this Dion Lee is just perfection, always left in awe of his creations! x

    oh my gilded

    ReplyDelete
  4. Luminescent. Not iridescent.

    ReplyDelete