Tuesday 11 December 2012

FRANKIE SAYS RELAX


Life has been a little crazy lately for me. As I'm sure it is for a lot of people at this time of year.

But you know that life/your mum is telling you to slow down and take care of yourself, when your hair essentially starts to fall out. Well is at least thinning and unhealthy.

Last week I made a very very brief (24hr) trip home to escape the city and surprise my family. With everything that has been going on lately, I thought I could get my hair done, and it would make me feel somewhat better. But life decided to kick me while I'm down, when my mum (formally a hairdresser) refused to re-do my balayage for fear that with the state of my hair, it would simply break off. Apparently stress, or diet, bad shampoo or some combination of any number of reasons, my hair has become thinner, weaker and more unhealthy then ever. 

Anyway, I don't mean to ramble and this post is different to my usual style, but I'm doing this to remind you to relax, de-stress, look after yourself.. FOR THE SAKE OF YOUR HAIR!

So this is "Karissa's guide to happiness 101"













 





1. Sleeping, preferably in a field of flowers.

2. Yoga - twice as nice because it looks after you fitness-wise, and relaxation-wise

3. Breathing- essential to live. But DEEP breathing, yoga style, is super relaxing

4. Lots of tea, and good books.

5. Fresh flowers - need I say more?

6. Raw Chocolate Brownie love from my supergorgeous friends cookbook Model Chocolate.

7. Sunshine and cloud watching

8. Deliciously comfy bed to crawl into (wish this was mine)

9. Friends - I literally watch this show everyday. 

10. Coconut Water (and beach hair)

11. Running, or any exercise - I never regret going for a run, it clears my mind and puts me
 in a good mood for the rest of the day

12. More Model Chocolate 'cranberry ripe' goodness - what more could you want? Healthy, delicious, superfood, raw chocolatey goodness. Buy her book here , you won't regret it.

13. Self-explanatory right?

14. Ryan Berkley illustrations of gentlemanly animals will surely put a smile on your face

15. Find your own paradise.

16. Head to the beach, and surf (if you can)

17. Lastly this is my hair rescue remedy courtesy of my wonderful mum.



So take care, and relax a little bit everybody.

Hope to share more photoshoots with you all very soon.
xx




All images sourced from tumblr. (aside from my instagram pic of my hair care products)


No comments:

Post a Comment