Sunday 16 December 2012

ABSENTEE


This is my very quick blog post I'm writing in the car on my way to Somerset Dam in QLD, before I drop out of all phone and internet service for almost a week.So apologies for me being MIA for the next few days. 

I'm going there to do a kind of charity camp together with the Ipswich Rotary Club for kids that are a primary or secondary carer for a parent or sibling or other family member. I get to hang out with my family and an amazing team, teach some well-deserving kids how to waterski, and give them a week of fun away from their everyday life. Such an amazing experience to be a part of. And there is honestly no better feeling than giving a kid, who at the start of the week is too scared to even go in the boat, the opportunity of waterskiing out the back of the boat within a few days. Seeing these kids achieve things they never thought they could do, and seeing the smile it puts on their face... seriously no better feeling.

Anyway, I have a really exciting shoot that I did this morning that I cant wait to share with you when I get back. So keep a look out, its something pretty different and pretty special!

This is a cheeky photo my brother took of me the other day when he was visiting and we went and explored the Royal Botanic Gardens. Seriously, for any Sydney-siders or anyone planning on making a visit, go there! Its so beautiful, and seriously unappreciated. It was so nice to escape the hustle and bustle of Sydney city during the Christmas craze, and take some time to literally smell the roses (and herbs, and all the other beautiful flowers).

Anyway so take care of yourselves for the next week. 

When I return, I will be the big 21! 

Love to you all
xx


No comments:

Post a Comment