Friday 26 October 2012

SPORTS LUXE (part 2)


SO HERE ARE THE REST OF THE SHOTS FROM OUR SPORTS LUXE SHOOT. LIKE I SAID IN THE PREVIOUS POST, THESE LOOKS SPORTED (excuse the pun) BY THE GORGEOUS MEL ARE A SLIGHTLY MORE FEMININE TAKE ON THE LOOK. THE TREND DOESN'T HAVE TO BE SUPER BOY-ISH, AND AS FELLOW BLOGGER oh dear it's liana POINTED OUT, YOU SHOULDN'T BECOME OVERLY ABSORBED IN THE TREND FOR TREND'S SAKE, BUT STAY TRUE TO YOUR OWN STYLE.

SO HERE ARE SOME QUICK TIPS:

1. LOOK FOR CONTRAST TRIM (see skirt and shorts below): FOR SOME REASON CONTRAST TRIM INSTANTLY ADDS A SLIGHT SPORTY TOUCH TO YOUR OUTFIT WITHOUT GOING OVERBOARD

2. THROW ON A NUMBERED TEE/SINGLET/JACKET/JUMPER: THINK COLLEGE FOOTBALL/BASEBALL JERSEY-ESQUE FONTS AND TAKE A QUICK PEEK AT ISABEL MARANT'S INFAMOUS TEE.

3. ADD POPS OF NEON, PASTELS OR METALLIC INTO YOUR OUTFIT. THESE ARE NOT EXCLUSIVELY 'SPORTS LUXE' BUT FIT IN NICELY WITH THE LOOK ARE ARE ALSO TRENDS THAT ARE STILL HANGING AROUND AT THE MOMENT.














THANKS FOR LOOKING x

Photography: Mel & Karissa

Editing/Styling: Karissa

2 comments:

  1. Damn your shorts are awesome, what a great colour!

    Yeah, haha I had a bit of a rant on the blog the other day after I went onto this girl's blog I'd been following for years...she was always SUPER girly and now she's all like sporty. So got me pretty frustrated!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hiya,

    I just came across this post on google and I am currently using sports luxe as a theme in college (I'm a fashion student). I would love to use these pictures in my research, if that is okay with you? Please let me know as I don't want to use them without permission.

    My email is coppergarden@live.co.uk

    xxx

    ReplyDelete